Reprint from: backtoherroots.com
- Cooking spray
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, and flax seed. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combing honey, eggs, oil, water, applesauce and pumpkin puree until well combined. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until well-mixed.
- Form into a disc and roll out on a well-floured surface until about 1/4″ thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes and place on prepared baking sheet about 1″ apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until treats are very brown and very hard.
- Let cool completely before giving them to your pooch to try out. Store in an airtight container out-of-reach of your puppy.