OLIVE GARDEN BREADSTICKS
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes, covered. Mixture should be frothy.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Add to yeast mixture. Add melted butter. Mix with paddle attachment of stand mixer or wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Knead dough for a few minutes just until dough is smooth. Do not over knead!
- Grease a cookie sheet. Pull off pieces of dough and roll out into strips. Cover the dough and let sit in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and once heated, pop in the bread sticks.
- In microwave, combine the following: 1 stick unsalted butter (or 1/2 cup margarine), 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 1 teaspoons salt.
- After bread sticks have cooked for 6 or 7 minutes, brush the bread sticks with half the butter mixture. Then continue to bake. Bake for 5-8 more minutes.
- Immediately upon removal from the oven brush the other half of the butter on the sticks. Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
CRISPY RITZ & CHEESE CHICKEN
2 lbs. chicken tenders or 4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup whole milk
3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 tablespoon sour cream
2 tablespoon butter
Crush crackers. If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Then press the cheesy coated chicken into the cracker crumbs and press it in.
Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
In a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
Unique cake idea - Great for Birthdays
Who needs a birthday cake idea? Bake small various colored cake balls. After they are finished, place in white cake mix and bake as directed! The outcome is beautiful!!
- You color white cake mix with gel colors in seperate little bowls. Use the cake pop baker (as seen on TV). They shape like balls, not cupcake cause what it doesn't show is the ball maker has a top pan too. I cook the balls for only 7 minutes. It's enough to hold together but not over cook for when you put them in the next pan with cake mix.
1/4 cup butter2/3 cup milk
1 package taco seasoning or homemade
2 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes (you could also use left over mashed potatoes and omit the butter and milk)
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Sour cream, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add milk and 2 tablespoon taco seasoning.
Remove from heat and add potato flakes until incorporated. Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch pan. Bake for 7-10 minutes until it just BARELY turns golden brown.
In a medium skillet, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain. Add Salsa and remaining taco seasoning. Cook until bubbly. Pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Top with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Cut and serve with sour cream.
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf Texas toast
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup